Xanax is also called Alprazolam that can be used in the short-term management of patented in the year 1971 and is permitted in the United States for medical use in the year 1981. This medicine is available as a generic medication. Xanax was the 37th most common medication prescribed with more than 20 million prescriptions in the United States in the year 2018. This medicine is a store at room temperature and is protected from heat, light, and moisture.
Xanax is used in the treatment of anxiety and panic disorders and belongs to a class of medications known as benzodiazepines that act on the brain or nerves for producing a calming effect. The main work of this medicine is to increase the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body. Do not purchase this medicine on the Internet or outside the United States as it is unsafe for patients.
How to take –
Take Xanax medicine as a whole without breaking, chewing, and crushing with a full glass of water. You should discuss with your doctor about your health conditions before taking this medicine. Before treatment, you must read and follow all the instructions on your prescription label. When you use this medicine for a long time then it may not work well. You can talk to your doctor if this medicine stops working. Do not suddenly stop using this medicine as it may increase the risk of unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. This medicine may cause addiction if you overuse this drug. So, you must take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor for reducing the risk of addiction.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of this medicine is depending on the age, past or present health conditions, and response to treatment. This medicine starts with a low dose to lower the risk of side effects. You can gradually increase the dose of this medicine as per instructed by your doctor. During treatment, you should take the correct dose of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
– If you miss a dose then take this medicine as soon as possible when you remember to make up the dose. After that, you can take the next dose in time. But do not take a double dose of this medicine as it may harmful to your health.
– The overdose of medicine causes several serious symptoms such as difficulty in breathing, muscle weakness, extreme drowsiness, and many more. If you take an overdose of this medicine then consult with your doctor immediately for medical help.
There are some of the side effects after taking this medicine are given below –
- Dry mouth
- Problem in breathing
- Double vision
- Increased saliva production
- Change in sex drive
- Memory problems
There are some of the precautions before using this medicine for treatment are given below
- You can consult with your doctor if you are allergic to this medicine before taking this medicine.
- Do not take a large amount of alcohol during medication as it may increase the risk of side effects.
- If you are suffering from any problem such as liver or kidney problem, difficulty in breathing, and many more then avoid this medicine.
- Do not take grapefruit with this medicine due to it may lead to unwanted side effects, which are harmful to your health.
- After taking this medicine, you should avoid any physical activities or not drive any vehicle because this drug may cause sleepiness or dizziness that may be chances of an accident.
- You should consult with your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medicine as it may harm an unborn baby.
- Do not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding a child as it may pass into breast milk and harmful effects on a nursing infant.
- This medicine should be avoided if you are suffering from severe diseases such as heart problems, liver or kidney problems, and many more.
You should follow all the instructions on your prescriptions before taking this medicine for treatment.