- what is Diabetes?
- Types of Diabetes
- Symptoms of Diabetes
- What causes Diabetes?
- How to prevent Diabetes
- Diabetes medications
what is Diabetes? –
It is a metabolic disorder in which it occurs when the sugar level in the blood is too high. Glucose (blood sugar) is the main source of energy which comes from the food we eat. The pancreas produces a hormone called as insulin which can be used to convert the glucose from the food into energy. In any condition when the body does not produce sufficient insulin which works the conversion of glucose into energy. As a result the sugar level in the blood increases due to produce insufficient insulin. If the blood sugar is too high then it is called as diabetes.
The diabetes is harmful for the health and causes several health problems. It is also harmful for the heart health. There is no treatment of diabetes but takes steps to control blood sugar and becomes healthy.
Types of Diabetes –
There are several type of diabetes which are as given below –
Type 1 Diabetes
– It is that type of diabetes in which the immune system of the body attacks and destroys cells in the pancreas where insulin is made. Generally this type of diabetes diagnosed in young adults and children which mean that it occur at any age. There is about 10percent of people are suffered with the problem of this type of diabetes. Those people which are suffering from the type-1 diabetes need to take insulin regularly to stay alive.
Type 2 Diabetes
– It is that type of diabetes in which the cells cannot use the blood sugar efficiently for energy. This type of diabetes occurs when sugar level in the blood is too high and the cells become insensitive or resistant to insulin. Generally type-2diabetes is one of the common types of diabetes which occurs in middle-aged and older people.
– It is that type of diabetes in which it occurs in some of the women when they are pregnant. Majority of the cases of this type of diabetes are prevented when the baby is born. But if some of the women are suffered with the problem of gestational diabetes during pregnancy then there is a large possibility of developing into type-2 diabetes in the future.
Symptoms of Diabetes –
There are several signs of diabetes which are as given below in different type of diabetes –
– There are several general symptoms of diabetes which are as given below
- Increased thirst
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Increased hunger
- Extreme fatigue
- Frequent urination
Symptoms in men
– There are some signs of diabetes in men such as erectile dysfunction, decreased sex drive and poor muscle strength.
Symptoms in women
– There are some symptoms of diabetes in men such as yeast infections, urinary tract infections and dry or itchy skin.
What causes Diabetes? –
The common causes of diabetes depend upon the family history, genetic makeup, health, ethnicity and environmental factors. There is a different in different types of diabetes such as type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune condition in which the pancreas cannot produce insulin while type-2 diabetes is a body’s resistance to insulin.
There are several causes of diabetes for the different types of diabetes are as discussed below –
Type 1 Diabetes
– It is caused by the immune system of the body destroys the cells in the pancreas where produce insulin. In this type of diabetes, the body is attacking itself thus it is also called as autoimmune cause.
There is no exact cause of this type of diabetes but some causes may be involved as given as
- Chemical toxins in food
- Basic genetic disposition may be a cause of type 1 diabetes.
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Anonymous component causing autoimmune reaction
– It is caused mainly by family history f type-2 diabetes which is one of the most common causes.
There are some risk factors that increases the possibility of developing type-2 diabetes are as given below
- Increase in age
- Bad diet
– The causes of this type of diabetes are unknown but there are some risk factors which increase the possibility of developing gestational diabetes are as given below –
- Large weighs of baby over 9lb
- Suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome
- Family history of gestational diabetes in any women
How to prevent Diabetes ? –
To prevent diabetes first of all maintain or control the sugar level in the blood. The diabetes treatment of different types of diabetes such as
- Specific diet plan
- physical exercises
- Use of insulin injections
- Prescribing medications
Diabetes medications –
There are some medications for the treatment of diabetes which are as given below –
– it is one of the most common medications which can be used in the treatment of type-1 diabetes.. It is also used in the treatment of type-2 diabetes which is given by injection and available in different types.
– It is inject able medicine that can be used before meals. It reduces the sugar level in the blood. This medicine also decreases appetite through a central mechanism.
– This medicine can be used for reducing sugar level in the blood. if you want to get best results then should take before meals.
– This medicine helps the body to release insulin which may reduce the sugar level in the blood.
– This medicine reduces the glucose in the liver. It is available with an increased risk of heart disease. When you are interested to use this medicine then watch the functions of heart during treatment.