Skelaxin is also known as Metaxalone, is a muscle relaxant medicine can be used in relieving pain and relaxing muscles that may be caused by sprains, strains, and many more. This medicine may be a moderately strong muscle relaxant with relatively some side effects. Due to potential side effects, this medicine may be at high risk for elder people.
Skelaxin is a muscle relaxant, which can be used in lowering pain and relaxing muscles due to strains, sprains, and many more causes. The main work of this medicine is to prevent nerve impulses in the brain. This medicine is used with physical therapy that helps in the treatment of skeletal muscle conditions such as injury or pain.
How to take –
You should discuss with your doctor about your medical history before taking this medicine. This medicine should be taken with or without food as instructed by your doctor. If you take this medicine with a high or fatty meal then may suffer from several side effects that are not good for your health. After taking this medicine if the risk of side effects is increased then your condition will not improve fast. It may be best for treatment that you should take this medicine with an empty stomach or a light meal. After taking this medicine, if your condition is not improved then contact to your doctor immediately.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of this medicine plays a significant role in the successful treatment of several diseases that depend on your medical history, age, and response to treatment. Do not increase or change the dose of this medicine without consulting with your doctor as it may dangerous to your health.
Miss dose –
- If you miss the dose of this medicine on any day during treatment then take this medicine as soon as possible to make up the dose for that day. But do not take an extra dose of this medicine because it can cause unwanted several side effects.
- An overdose of this medicine may be very harmful to your health with several severe side effects. Thus, if you take an overdose of this medicine by fault then consult with your doctor as soon as possible for medical help.
Side effects –
There are some of the side effects of this medicine are given below –
- Sore throat
- Dark urine
- Difficulty in breathing
- Stomach upset
- Feeling nervous
If you are suffering from moderate or severe side effects after taking this medicine for a long time then contact to your doctor as soon as possible for medical help.
Several important precautions that should be taken before or after taking this medicine are discussed below –
- Do not take this medicine if you are suffering from anemia or severe liver or kidney problems.
- This medicine should not be taken with a large amount of alcohol due to it may increase the risk of severe unwanted several side effects.
- You should read and follows all the directions on your prescriptions before taking this medicine.
- If you have a problem of difficulty in breathing, stomach pain, weakness, and loss of appetite then stop taking this medicine and consult with your doctor.
- During treatment, you must take the correct dose of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not take this medicine if you have an allergic problem with this medicine and contact to your doctor to change the medicine.
- After taking this medicine, do not drive any vehicle, or avoid any physical activities as this medicine may cause severe dizziness that may responsible for an accident or injury.
- This medicine is not approved for those people who are younger than 12 years old.
- During medication, if you become pregnant then consult with your doctor about any negative effects before taking this medicine.