Trazodone is used in the treatment of anxiety disorders and major depressive disorder, which is sold under several names and is an antidepressant medication. In the year 1981, this medicine was approved for medical use and is available as a generic medication. This medicine can help in improving mood, energy level, and appetite. It also reduces insomnia that is related to depression. The main work of this medicine is to help for restoring the balance of a certain natural chemical (serotonin) in the brain.
How to take –
This medicine should be taken by mouth and is normally once or twice regularly after a meal as per consultation with your d1octor. If you have a problem of drowsiness, then take one medicine regularly. Before taking this medicine, you should follow all the directions on your prescriptions and consult your doctor about your past or present health conditions.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of Trazodone medicine is based on your health condition as prescribed by your doctor. Do not change or enhance the dose of this medicine without discussing your doctor as it may harmful for you. You should not stop taking medicine without discussing your doctor. Anxiety or depression or problem in sleeping may occur as suddenly stopped taking this medicine. But if your condition is not improved after taking this medicine for a long time then talk to your doctor.
Missed dose- Advertisement -
– If you miss the dose of this medicine then take the dose as soon as possible and when you have time then take the next dose. But do not take a double dose of this medicine if you skip the dose as it may harmful to your health.
– If you take the overdose of this medicine then immediately consult your doctor for medical help due to it may cause severe side effects that are dangerous for your health.
There are some of the side effects after using Trazodone are as given below –
- Change in sexual interest
- Blurred vision
- Changes in weight
- Dry mouth
- Stuffy nose
- Muscle or ache pain
This medicine can enhance serotonin and rarely cause a very serious condition known as serotonin condition. If any male individual may suffer from painful or prolonged erection after using this medicine then stop taking this medicine and talk to your doctor. If you feel any one of the side effects for a long time then immediately consult your doctor for medical help.
There are some of the precautions before using this medicine are as given below –
- This medicine is not permitted for those people who are younger than 18 years old.
- Do not use this medicine if you take another medicine to reduce anxiety disorder or depression.
- You should discuss with your doctor if you are suffering from serious diseases including heart problems, kidney or liver problems, and any blood disorder before using this medicine.
- If you are pregnant and interested to take this drug then consult with your doctor as it may harm an unborn baby.
- This medicine causes dizzy, or sleepy thus, after taking this drug, you should not drive any vehicle or avoid any other physical activities as it may increase the chances of an accident.
- Do not take this medicine if you have used an MAO inhibitor for the last 14 days.
- This medicine should not take if you are allergic to this drug.
- Before using this medicine, you should discuss with your doctor about your medical conditions.
- Do not take a large amount of alcohol when you use this medicine.
- You must stop taking this medicine if you are suffering from severe side effects for a long time.
- Do not increase the dose of this medicine without discussing it with your doctor.
- Older adults should not use this medicine as it may cause dizziness and drowsiness.