Toradol is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that can be used in the treatment of pain. This medicine is also known as Ketorolac and is recommended for moderate to severe pain. It is also used through the mouth by injection into a muscle or vein or by the nose and is also used as an eye drop. The effects of this medicine start with an hour for up to eight hours.
Toradol was patented in the year 1976. This medicine was approved in the year 1989 for medical use and is available as a generic medication. It was the 271st most commonly prescribed medication with more than one million prescriptions in the United States in the year 2017.
Toradol is a medicine, which can be used for the short-term treatment of moderate to severe pain. Generally, this medicine is used before or after surgery or medical procedures. Lowering pain makes you comfortable and you return to your daily activities. Toradol is an anti-inflammatory or non-steroidal drug (NSAID) that mainly works for preventing the body’s production of certain natural substances, which cause inflammation. The effect of this medicine is to lower pain, swelling, and fever. This medicine should not be used for mild or short-term painful conditions including arthritis.
How to take –
You should read all the information and guides on your prescription before using this medicine. Take this medicine via the mouth with a full glass of water. Normally, this medicine should not be taken every 4 to 6 hours as per instructed by your doctor. After taking this medicine, you should not lie down for at least 10 minutes. During medication, if a stomach upset occurs then should take this medicine with milk, and food.
After taking this medicine, if your condition is not improved then talk to your doctor. If your pain is worsened then this medicine may not work well.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of this medicine is depending on your health conditions, age, gender, and response to therapy. This medicine should be taken with a low dose to lower the risk of stomach bleeding and other side effects. You must try to take the right dose of this medicine as per directed by your doctor.
Miss Dose- Advertisement -
– Take this medicine as soon s possible if you miss the dose at any time. But do not take a huge dose of this medicine as it may cause side effects that are harmful to your health.
– The overdose of this medicine causes several severe side effects. Thus, if you take an overdose of this medicine then contact to your doctor immediately for medical help.
There are some of the side effects of this medicine after taking are as given below –
- Stomach upset
- Ringing in the ears
- Vision changes
- Sudden weight gain
If you have any side effects for a long time then contact to your doctor as soon as possible for medical help.
There are some of the precautions before or after taking Toradol medicine are given below –
- If you take this medicine then check your blood pressure regularly due to this drug may increase your blood pressure.
- This medicine should not be taken if you are allergic to this medicine is it may harmful to your health.
- You must read and follow all the instructions on your prescriptions before taking this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you are suffering from any kidney problems as it may cause kidney diseases.
- You should take a large amount of water during the medication as it may prevent dehydration after taking this medicine.
- After taking this medicine, do not drive any vehicle or avoid any physical activities as it may cause sleepiness or dizziness that may increase the risk of an accident or an injury.
You should not take this medicine with alcohol due to it may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.