Tadalafil is a medicine that can be used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction pulmonary arterial hypertension, hyperplasia, and benign prostatic. The effects of this medicine start within 30 minutes to 36 hours and are sold under the brand name Cialis.
Tadalafil was approved in the United States for medical use in the year 2003. This medicine was the 282nd most commonly prescribed medication with more than one million prescriptions in the United States. It is available as a generic medication in the United Kingdom and the United States.
Tadalafil is used in the treatment of male sexual dysfunction and pulmonary arterial hypertension. The main work of this medicine is to enhance the blood flow to the penis that helps in maintain or get a suitable erection for sexual activity. This medicine also helps in the treatment of enlarged prostate and in relieving symptoms of BPH including weak stream, and problems in beginning the flow of urine. This medicine also works to relax the smooth muscle in the bladder and prostate. It is important to note that this medicine does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases such as syphilis, HIV, gonorrhea, and hepatitis B.
How to take –
Take this medicine via mouth with or without food as instructed by your doctor. You should not take more than one tablet in 24 hours as it may causes side effects. To treat the symptoms of BPH, you should take one medicine a day. There are two ways to take this medicine for the treatment of impotence in which first way is to take medicine 30 minutes before sexual activity. If you use the first way then the effects of this medicine may last up to 36 hours. The second way is to take this one tablet regularly. If you use the second way then sexual activity with their partner anytime between your doses.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of any medicine is depending on your age, past or present medical conditions, and response to therapy. For better treatment, you should take the correct dose of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
– If you miss the dose then take this medicine immediately to make up the dose. But do not take an extra dose of this medicine ax it may cause severe side effects.
Overdose- Advertisement -
. The overdose of this medicine can cause unwanted side effects that are not good for your health. So, if you take an overdose of this medicine by chance then consult with your doctor for medical help.
There are several side effects of this medicine are given below –
- Back pain
- Stomach upset
- Chest pain
- Blurred vision
- Ringing in the ears
- Painful or prolonged erection
- Problem in breathing
If you have any severe side effects after taking this medicine for a long period then consult with your doctor as soon as possible for medical help.
There are several precautions taken before or after taking this medicine are as given below –
- You should discuss with your doctor about your past or present health conditions before taking this medicine.
- Do not take a large amount of alcohol with this medicine as it increases the risk of side effects and delays the action of this medicine.
- If you are allergic to tadalafil then consult with your doctor before taking this medicine for treatment.
- After taking this medicine it lowers the alertness that makes dizzy or sleepy then do not drive any vehicle and other physical activities as it increases the risk of an accident or injury.
- Tadalafil should be avoided if you are suffering from severe diseases including heart problems, cancer, high or low blood pressure, and many more problems.
- If you are suffering from the problem of sudden hearing loss or blurred vision then immediately consult with your doctor.