Meloxicam is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) that can be used in the treatment of inflammation and pain in osteoarthritis and rheumatic disease. This medicine is sold under the brand name Mobic. This tablet is taken via the mouth or by injection into a vein and is recommended that it will be used for a short time with a low dose.
Meloxicam was patented in the year 1977 and is approved in the United States in the year 2000 for medical use. This medicine was developed by Boehringer Ingelheim and is available as a generic medication. Meloxicam was the 34th most commonly prescribed medication with more than 22 million prescriptions in the United States. An intravenous version of this medicine was authorized in the United States in February 2020 for medical use.
Meloxicam is used in the treatment of arthritis and lowers swelling, pain, and stiffness of the joints. The main work of this medicine is to decrease hormones, which cause pain and inflammation in the body. This medicine is used in the treatment of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in children who are at least two years old. The Anjeso brand of meloxicam help in treating moderate to severe pain in people.
How to take –
Take this medicine via the mouth with a full glass of water. You should take one medicine daily as instructed by your doctor. After taking this medicine, you should not sleep for at least 10 minutes. If you use this medicine is in liquid form then should shake the bottle gently before each dose. Before taking this medicine, you should carefully measure the dose is in liquid form by using a special device or spoon. But do not use a household spoon to measure the dose.
During medication, if you use the disintegrating medicine for treatment then do not remove the tablet from the packaging until are ready to take it with dry hands. Before using, do not push the tablet through the foil due to it may damage it. During medication, you should place the tablet on your tongue and dissolve it in your mouth. This medicine can be swallowed with or without water after the tablet was melted. After taking this medicine, if a stomach upset occurs then should take this tablet with food.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of any medicine is depending on your age, health conditions, and response to treatment. This medicine should be taken with a low dose to prevent side effects.
Miss dose- Advertisement -
– if you take this medicine then take Meloxicam tablet as soon as possible. But do not take a double dose of this medicine as it may cause side effects.
– An overdose of this medicine causes several severe side effects that are dangerous for your health. Thus, if you take an overdose of this medicine then immediately call to your doctor for medical help.
There are several side effects after taking this medicine are given below –
- Stomach upset
- Sudden weight gain
- Increase blood pressure
- Kidney problems
- Mood changes
There are some of the precautions before or after using this medicine are discussed below –
- You should regularly check your blood pressure after taking this medicine as this tablet may increase the blood pressure.
- If you are suffering from any liver problem after taking this medicine then consult with your doctor due to this tablet may cause serious liver disease.
- Do not take this medicine for any treatment if you are allergic to this tablet.
- This medicine may also cause kidney problems so if you have any kidney disease after taking this medicine then contact to your doctor.
- You must take this medicine with a full glass of water as it may prevent dehydration.
- This medicine should not take with alcohol because it may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
If you breastfeed your baby then consult with your doctor before taking this medicine as it may harm a nursing infant.