- Severe disease caused by diabetes
- Symptoms of diabetes
- Diet in diabetes
- What foods may I take in diabetes
- What avoid to take drinks and foods to maintain blood sugar level
- Treatment of diabetes
Diabetes is a disease, which occurs if your sugar level in the blood is too high. The sugar level in the blood is the major source of energy that comes from the food you eat for the whole day. In the body, Insulin is a hormone is made by the pancreas that helps in getting glucose from food and can be used to obtain energy. Occasionally, if your body does not make enough insulin that glucose stays in your blood and does not reach your cells of the body. Diabetes also affects your sexual performance, especially in male people.
When you have an increased sugar level of blood then it may cause heart problems. There is no treatment for diabetes but it may reduce maintain your sugar level and stay healthy.
Severe disease caused by diabetes –
Several severe diseases that are caused by diabetes are given below –
- Eye problems
- Foot problems
- Heart disease
- Nerve damage
- Dental problem
- Kidney problems
You can also take steps to reduce the risk of several diseases that are caused by high blood sugar levels in your body.
Symptoms of diabetes –
The symptoms of diabetes in any individual depend on how much the blood sugar level is increasing in your body. There are several symptoms of diabetes are given below –
- Frequent urination
- Extreme hunger
- Vision problem
- Increased thirst
- Immediate weight loss
- Slow-healing sores
Diet in diabetes –
Physical activity and nutrition are the main parts of a healthy lifestyle if you are suffering from diabetes. You should have a healthy meal plan as per instructed by your doctor that helps in maintaining the blood glucose level. To maintain sugar levels in your blood, you should balance eat and drink with diabetes medicines and physical activity. You can control your eating habit including sweets, and decrease the weight that helps in controlling or reducing the sugar level in your blood.
You can be physically active and eating well, which helps in
- Reducing weight
- Delay or prevent diabetes problems
- Maintaining or reduce or control the sugar level in your blood
- Feeling good with more energy
What foods may I take in diabetes –
If you have diabetes then may worry about what food can I take to maintain the sugar level in your blood. You can take your favorite food but in a small amount to control blood sugar levels. The main nutrients and eat a variety of healthy foods in your meal plan to maintain sugar level in your blood are given below –
- Fruits – including grapes, berries, oranges, apples, melon, and bananas.
- Vegetables – non-starchy including peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, and carrots.
- Grains – At least 50 percent of your food grains for the whole day should be whole grains be including rice, barley, oats, and quinoa
- Dairy – nonfat or low fat – milk or lactose, cheese, and yogurt
Take foods for heart-healthy that mostly come from these foods are
- Nuts and seeds
- Nuts and peanuts
- Lean meat
- Meat substitutes such as tofu
- Chicken or turkey without the skin
What avoid to take drinks and foods to maintain blood sugar level –
There are several varieties of foods that avoid or reduce to maintain blood sugar level are given below –
- Sweets such as ice cream, baked goods, and candy
- Fried foods and other food high in trans-fat and saturated fat
- Food rich in salt, also known as sodium
- Beverages with added sugars such as regular soda, energy drinks, and juice
If you take alcohol then drink moderately or less amount of alcohol to maintain the sugar level in your blood. When you use diabetic medicines or use the insulin that increases the insulin in your body. But if you take a large amount of alcohol then it may lower change the level of blood glucose which is not good for treatment.
Treatment of diabetes –
There is no treatment for diabetes but we can control the diet that contains carbohydrates and high sugar levels to control blood glucose levels in your blood. You can contact your doctor to make a diet plan with diabetic medicine and insulin to maintain the sugar level in your blood. If you are an obese person then should reduce the weight or fat by limiting fried food or beverages and regularly exercise.