Cyclobenzaprine is one of the medicines that can be used in the treatment of muscle spasms and sold under the brand name Flexeril. Generally, it is used along with rest and physical therapy that works by helping to relax the muscles. It is also used in relieving pain, discomfort, or stiffness caused by strains and injuries in muscles. This medicine store at room temperature, which is away from light, moisture, and heat.
How to take –
This medicine should be taken by mouth with or without food as per directed by your doctor. Before using this medicine, you should follow all the directions on your prescription label. You should not enhance the dose of this medicine without consultation with your doctor. An increase in the dose of this medicine may cause severe side effects which are not good for your health. Taking this medicine as a whole without breaking, crushing, and chewing with a full glass of water.
Do not take a large amount of alcohol during medication as it may cause side effects. This medicine is not approved for those younger people whose age is less than 15 years old. You should not use this medicine if you have a problem of heart problem, thyroid disorder, or any other problems. If you are allergic to this medicine then avoid it.
The dosage of this medicine is depending on the medical condition and response to treatment. This medicine should only be used for 3 weeks as per consult with your doctor. If your condition persists or not improve after 2 to 3 weeks then immediately contact your doctor.
– If you miss the dose then take this medicine as soon as possible and also time for the next dose. But do not take a double dose at the same time if you skip the dose of this medicine.
– The overdose of this medicine causes several severe side effects including vomiting, irregular heartbeat, hallucinations, drowsiness, tremors, and agitation. If you take the overdose of this medicine then instantly contact your doctor.
These are some of the side effects after using this medicine are as given below –
- Dry mouth
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
- Problem in urinating
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling in throat, tongue, and face
After taking this medicine if you are suffering from any one of the side effects then immediately contact your doctor.
There are some of the precautions before using Cyclobenzaprine medicine for the treatment are as given below –
- This medicine should be avoided if you have a problem of any heart problem or recently any heart attack or heart rhythm disorder.
- Do not change or increase the dose of this medicine without consulting your doctor as it may be harmful for you.
- You should not use this medicine if you take an MAO inhibitor in the last 14 days including linezolid, phenelzine, selegiline, tranylcypromine, and many more.
- Do not use this medicine if you have an allergy to this tablet as it may be harmful to your health.
- After taking this medicine, it causes severe dizziness or sleepy thus you should not drive any vehicle or avoid any physical activity as it increases the chances of an accident.
- If you plan to become pregnant then consult your doctor before using this medicine.
- During treatment do not take the overdose of this medicine as it may cause severe side effects that are dangerous to your health.
- You should not take a large amount of alcohol during medication as it may cause side effects.
- Before using this medicine, you should discuss your doctor about your past health conditions.
- If you have any side effects after using this tablet then immediately contact your doctor for medical help.
After taking this medicine, if you feel stomach upset then should take this tablet with food.