DD is also known as celecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication that can be used in the treatment of inflammation, pain in osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, painful menstruation, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, acute pain in adults, and ankylosing spondylitis. This medicine can be used for lowering the risk of colorectal adenomas in those people who are suffering from familial adenomatous polyposis.
This medicine was patented in the year 1993 that came into medical use in the year 1999 and is available as a generic medication. Celebrex was the 126th most commonly prescribed medication with more than 5 million prescriptions in the United States.
Celebrex is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine, which is used in relieving pain and inflammation. It can also be used in the treatment of menstrual pain, arthritis, and acute pain. This medicine is used to reduce pain and swelling, which helps in performing normal daily activities. The main work of this medicine is to prevent the enzyme in the body that makes prostaglandins and results lower in prostaglandins help in lowering pain and inflammation.
How to take –
You should read and follow the instructions on your prescriptions before taking this medicine. Take this medicine via the mouth once or twice regularly as instructed by your doctor. To lower the possibility of stomach upset then this medicine should be taken with food. Take this medicine with a full glass of water and after taking this medicine, do not lie down for at least 10 minutes. If your condition is not improved after taking a medicine for a long time then contact your doctor.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of any medicine is depending on your age, gender, health conditions, and response to therapy. This medicine should be taken with a low dose to lower the possibility of side effects and gradually increase the dose as per directed by your doctor.
– Take this medicine as soon as possible if you miss the dose at any time. But do not take a double dose of this medicine to make up the dose as it may cause severe side effects.
Overdose- Advertisement -
– An overdose of this medicine causes unwanted side effects that are harmful to your health. Thus, if you take an overdose of this medicine then contact to your doctor as soon as possible for medical help.
There are several side effects after taking Celebrex are given below –
- Increase blood pressure
- Stomach upset
- Kidney problems
- Sore throat
- Painful swallowing
- Sudden weight gain
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Irregular heartbeat
If you are suffering any severe side effects for a long period after taking this medicine then stop taking this medicine and consult with your doctor for medical help.
There are several precautions before or after taking this medicine are given below –
- Do not take this medicine if you are suffering from severe diseases including kidney problems, high blood pressure, and many more.
- This medicine increases blood pressure so you should check your blood pressure daily after taking this medicine.
- You should not take this medicine if you have an allergic problem with this medicine.
- This medicine should not be taken with alcohol as it may increase the risk of stomach bleeding.
- Take this medicine with plenty of water as it may prevent dehydration that causes several problems.
- If you are pregnant then you should consult with your doctor before taking this medicine as it may harm your unborn baby.
- Do not take this medicine if you have a heart problem as this drug increases the risk of heart attack that is dangerous for you.
- You should discuss with your doctor about your past or present health conditions before taking this medicine.
This medicine should be avoided if you breastfeed to your baby as the drug may passes breast milk that is harmful for your infant.