Buspirone is a medicine that can be used in the treatment of anxiety disorders and is sold under the brand name Buspar. The effects of this medicine may take up to four weeks after use. This medicine was first discovered in the year 1968 and is approved in the United States for medical use in the year 1986.
Buspirone was the 92nd most common medicine prescribed with more than 8 million prescriptions in the United States in the year 2018 and is available as a generic medication. This medicine should be store at room temperature and protected from heat, moisture, and light.
Buspirone can be used in the treatment of anxiety that may help in thinking more clearly, worry less, relax, and take part in activities in daily life. This medicine also helps in feeling less jittery and irritable. It also maintains or controls several symptoms including irregular heartbeat, problems in sleeping, and sweating. This medicine is used to treat anxiety by affecting certain natural substances in the brain.
How to take –
This medicine should not be taken with grapefruit or grapefruit juice as it can enhance the chances of side effects with this medicine. You should take this medicine 2 to 3 times normally or as instructed by your doctor. Take this medicine via the mouth with or without food. You must read and follow all the instructions on your prescriptions before taking this medicine. You should take this medicine daily for getting the most benefit from it. Do not take this medicine in larger or smaller amounts as it may affects your treatment. If your condition is not improved after taking this medicine for a long time then consult with your doctor.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of any medicine is based on your age, gender, past or present health conditions, and response to treatment. You should try to take the correct dose of this medicine as per prescribed by your doctor.
– if you missed the dose then take this medicine as soon as possible. But do not take an extra dose of this medicine to make up the dose.
– The overdose of this medicine causes severe side effects that are harmful to your health. So, if you take an overdose of this medicine then immediately consult with your doctor for medical help.
There are several side effects after taking Buspirone medicine for treatment are given below
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Problem in sleeping
- Chest pain
- Severe dizziness
After using this medicine, if you have any side effects for a long period then instantly contact with your doctor to resolve this problem.
There are several important precautions before or after taking this medicine are given below –
- If you are an allergic problem with this medicine then you can discuss it with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- This medicine should not be taken with alcohol as it may cause severe side effects that are harmful to your health.
- You can consult with your doctor if you are suffering from any liver or kidney problems before taking this medicine.
- During medication do not take grapefruit and grapefruit juice as it may cause unwanted side effects, which is not good for your health.
- If you are pregnant then should talk to your doctor before taking this medicine as it may harm your unborn baby.
- Do not drive any vehicle or avoid physical activities after taking this medicine as this medicine may cause dizziness or sleepiness that may increase the risk of an accident or injury.
- If you are suffering from severe diseases including heart problems, cancer, blood disorder, and many more then you should talk to your doctor before taking this medicine.
Do not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding to your child due to this drug may pass your breast milk that may harmful to your baby.