Baclofen is a muscle relaxer and an antispasmodic agent that can be used in the treatment of muscle pain and stiffness in people with spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, and many more. This medicine is also used for the treatment of muscle spasms and hiccups. It is given by mouth or directly into the spinal cord. This medicine belongs to a class of drugs known as Skeletal Muscle Relaxants.
Baclofen is beneficial for the alleviation of symptoms of spasticity caused by multiple sclerosis. This medicine is also used in the treatment of spinal cord diseases and injuries.
There are some of the most common side effects of this medicine are as given below –
- Problem in sleeping
- Increased urination
This medicine may also cause serious side effects after using this medicine are as given below –
- Mood changes
If you are suffering from any one of the side effects for a long time then immediately consult with your doctor to prevent the side effects.
How to take this medicine –
Baclofen medicine should be taken as prescribed by your doctor for treatment. You should follow all instructions on your prescriptions label and also read the guidelines before using this medicine. Before you measure a dose by using a syringe and a medicine dose-measuring device, you should shake the oral suspension.
If your muscle symptoms do not improve then consult with your doctor. When you need muscle tone for safe movement during certain activities then do not take this medicine. Do not drink alcohol during medication because it may cause side effects that harmful to your health. When you take or use this medicine then avoid drive any vehicle or any physical activities otherwise this medicine will harm you.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of any medicine depends on the health conditions and age of the individual. You should start taking this medicine with a low dose that avoids side effects. But if this low dose of this medicine is not beneficial for you then you can increase the dose as per consultation with your doctor. You should try to take the correct dose of this medicine as per consultation with your doctor.
– If you missed the dose then should take this medicine as soon as possible for treatment. You should not take a dose of this medicine at one time if you skip the missed dose due to it may cause side effects.
– The overdose of this medicine causes several side effects including severe dizziness, problem in breathing, weakness, seizure, vomiting, loss of consciousness, and many more. If you take the overdose of this medicine and suffer from these side effects then immediately consult with your doctor.
There are some of the precautions when you use this medicine for treatment are as given below –
- At the time of medicine, do not take alcohol because it may cause side effects that are harmful to your health.
- After taking this medicine, you should not drive any vehicle or avoid any physical activities.
- Do not change or increases the dose of this medicine without consultation with your doctor as it may harmful to your health.
- If you feel any side effects for a long period after using this medicine then immediately contact your doctor.
- During treatment, do not take the overdose of this medicine as it may cause severe side effects which is dangerous for your health.