Azithromycin is an antibiotic medicine that can be used in the treatment of several bacterial infections including strep throat, skin infections, pneumonia, eye infections, sexually transmitted diseases, and many other intestinal infections. This medicine can also be used in the treatment of malaria and can be taken by mouth or intravenously with doses once daily.
Azithromycin is listed as essential medicine on the World Health Organization and is available as a generic medication. It is classifying as a critically important medicine for human beings by the World Health Organization and is sold under several trade names all over the world. Azithromycin was the 46th most commonly prescribed medicine with more than 17 million prescriptions in the United States. This medicine should be store at room temperature and is protected from heat and moisture.
This medicine is used in the treatment of a very serious type of infection and is a macrolide-type antibiotic. The work of this medicine by preventing the growth of bacteria. But this medicine will not work for viral infections such as flu, common cold, and many more. There is unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic that can lead to its reduced effectiveness.
How to take –
Take this medicine with or without food as directed by your doctor. If a stomach upset occurs then you can take this medicine with food. Generally, you can take this medicine once regularly at the same time to treat the problem of any infection. If you stop taking this medicine suddenly or too early then it allows bacteria in your body to continue to grow, which may result in a return of any infection. After taking this medicine for a long time, if your condition is not improved then contact to your doctor. You must read and follow all the guidelines on your prescriptions before taking this medicine. If you use this medicine is in liquid form then should measure the dose with the help of a special-dose measuring spoon or medicine cup.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of any medicine may depend on your medical conditions, age, and response to therapy. You should try to take the correct dose of this medicine for good treatment with recovery soon from any disease.
– If you missed the dose take this medicine as soon as possible as instructed by your doctor. But do not take a double dose of this medicine to make up the dose as it may cause side effects.
Overdose- Advertisement -
– The overdose of this medicine causes severe side effects that are harmful to your health. If you take an overdose of this medicine then immediately contact to your doctor for medical help.
There are several side effects after taking this medicine are given below –
- Stomach upset
- Abdominal pain
- Blurred vision
- Muscle weakness
- Yellowing eyes
- Irregular heartbeat
- Dark urine
If you have any one of the side effects after using this medicine then contact to your doctor immediately for medical help.
There are several important precautions before or after taking Azithromycin are discussed below –
- You can consult with your doctor about your past or present health conditions before taking this medicine.
- During treatment, do not increase the dose of this medicine as it may cause side effects that are injurious to your health.
- Do not take this medicine if you are an allergic problem with this drug.’
- If you are suffering from jaundice or any liver problems then do not take this medicine for any treatment.
- You should not take this medicine if you breastfeeding your baby as this drug may pass into breast milk that may harmful to your baby.
If you are pregnant then should talk with your doctor before taking this medicine as it may harm your unborn baby.