Amoxicillin is an antibiotic medicine that can be used in the treatment of several bacterial infections including skin infections, urinary tract infections, and middle ear infections, and many more. This medicine is taken via the mouth or less commonly by injection.
In 1958, Amoxicillin was discovered and use for medical help in the year 1972. Amoxicillin is listed as an essential medicine of the World Health Organization and is one of the commonly prescribed antibiotics in children and is available as a generic medication. This medicine was the 17th most commonly prescribed medication with more than 31 million prescriptions in the United States and is available as a generic medication.
Amoxicillin is used to treat several bacterial infections such as pneumonia, urinary tract infections, skin infections, salmonella infections, and chlamydia infections. This medicine is a penicillin-type antibiotic that works is to prevent the growth of bacteria. It treats only bacterial infections and is not used in viral infections such as flu, the common cold. This medicine is also used with other medicines for the treatment of stomach ulcers due to the bacteria H. pylori. It is store at room temperature, which is protected from light, heat, and moisture. You can store liquid form of medicine in a refrigerator and not allow it to freeze.
How to take –
Take this medicine via the mouth with or without medicine with usually every 8 to 12 hours as instructed by your doctor. You should take this medicine at evenly spaced times for the best effect. If you use this medicine as a liquid form shake the liquid before measuring a dose. This liquid form of medicine is measure by using a special or measuring device. You can also mix the liquid form of medicine with fruit juice or ginger ale. During medication, you should chew the chewable medicine before swallow it. You should read and follow all the instructions on your prescriptions before taking this medicine.
Dosage instructions –
The dose of any medicine depend on the past or present health conditions, age, gender, and response to treatment. During treatment, do not change the dose of this medicine without consultation with your doctor.
– Take this medicine as soon as possible if you miss the dose at any time. But do not take a double dose of this medicine to make up the dose as it may cause side effects.
– The overdose of this medicine is very harmful to your health. During treatment, if you take an overdose of this medicine then immediately consult with your doctor.
There are some of the side effects after taking this medicine for any treatment are given below –
- Vaginal yeast infection
- Stomach pain
- Sore throat
- Skin rash
During medication, if you have any one of the side effects for a long time then contact to your doctor as soon as possible.
There are some of the precautions before or after taking this medicine are discussed below –
- Do not take amoxicillin for any treatment if you are allergic to this medicine as it may harmful for you.
- If you are suffering from any severe disease such s asthma, any kidney or liver problem then consult with your doctor before taking this medicine.
- You should not share this medicine with other people even if they have similar symptoms that you have.
- If you breastfeed your infant then you can consult with your doctor before taking this medicine because this drug may pass into breast milk that is harmful to your baby.
- Before using this medicine, you can discuss this with your doctor if you are planning to pregnant or become pregnant as it may harm your unborn baby.
Do not stop taking this medicine instantly as it may allow bacteria to grow again that may result in a bacterial infection again occurs.