Abilify is also called Aripiprazole and is an atypical antipsychotic that can be used in the treatment of bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. It is also used in the treatment of tic disorders, major depressive disorder, and irritability related to autism. This medicine is taken through the mouth or injection into a muscle. In the year 1988, Otsuka Pharmaceutical, a Japanese firm has discovered Abilify with the help of scientists.
Abilify is used in the treatment of certain mood or mental disorders including schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and irritability linked with autism. This medicine can be used in a mixture with other medicine in the treatment of depression. The main work of this medicine is to help for restoring the balance of certain natural chemicals in the brain. It also improves the concentrations and lowers the hallucinations. Abilify is beneficial in thinking more positively and clearly, which helps in lowering depression. It also reduces nervousness and can be used to treat severe mood swings.
How to take –
Take this medicine as a whole with or without food as instructed by your doctor. You should take only one medicine per day for treatment. Before taking this medicine, you must read and follows all the instructions on your prescription label. If you use this medicine in the liquid form then should carefully measure it with the help of a special measuring device or cup. To measure dose do not use a household spoon due to you may not get the correct dose of this medicine. You should take this medicine daily for getting the most benefit from it. It is important to note that do not stop taking this medicine suddenly without discussing it with your doctor.
Dosage instructions –
You should take the correct dose of this medicine as per directed by your doctor. The dose of any medicine is depending on the past or present medical conditions, age, and response to therapy. During treatment, this medication should be started in a low dose to lower the risk of side effects and gradually increase the dose of this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
– Take this medicine as soon as possible to make up the dose if you miss the dose anytime during treatment. But do not take a double dose of this medicine as it may dangerous for your health.
– The overdose of this medicine causes severe side effects and is not good for your health. If you take an overdose of this medicine then immediately contact your doctor for medical help.
There are some of the side effects after taking this medicine are given below –
- Blurred vision
- Problem in sleeping
- Excess saliva
- Muscle spasms
If you are suffering from any one of the side effects for a long period then immediately talk to your doctor for medical help.
There are some of the precautions before taking this medicine are given below –
- You can consult with your doctor about their past or present health conditions before taking this medicine.
- Do not drive any vehicle and avoid physical activities after taking this medicine because this medicine may cause sleepiness or severe dizziness that may increase the possibility of an accident or any injury.
- This medicine should not be taken if you are allergic problem to this medicine as it may harmful to your health.
- You should avoid alcohol at the time of medication as it may cause several unwanted side effects, which is not good for your health.
- If you are pregnant then consult with your doctor before taking this medicine as it may harm an unborn baby.
- Do not take this medicine if you are suffering from several symptoms such as rapid heart rate, uncontrolled muscle movements, severe headache, and many more.
- This medicine is not approved for older adults as it may increase the risk of death with dementia-related psychosis.
Do not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding a child as it may pass into breast milk and harmful effects on your cute baby.